1. You are not under the 10 commandments. You are under the Law of Christ.
1 John 3:23
And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us.
2. The Gospel of John and the letters of John are written after the book of Revelation.
That’s why the commandment you are asked to obey is love one another. It is called the commandment from the beginning because God made all things new in AD70.
3. When Jesus said he made “all things new” , he wasn’t not referring to the future. He meant he made a new heaven and a new earth. By that he meant he created a new Temple and city for God and himself to dwell. You are that Temple and the believers are that City.
4. The resurrected body is not a physical one. It is a spiritual one.
1 Corinthians 15:44-46
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body. Thus it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being”; the last Adam became a life-giving spirit. But it is not the spiritual that is first but the natural, and then the spiritual.
This is referring to the Father and Son already now dwelling in you.
The Bible does not say that your soul or your spirit is the Temple of the Holy Spirit. It says your BODY is the Temple. This is what it means by the spiritual body. The resurrection has already taken place. It took place when God moved his house from the Temple to your body.
5. Most of the parables where Jesus taught to either forsake the dead or our parents or not looking back has nothing to do with sacrifice. It is speaking about forsaking the thinking and the mentality of the Old Covenant and embracing the New one. God was sending the Romans to destroy the Temple and Jerusalem so that he could dwell in us.
6. When the Bible speaks about heavens and earth being shaken and/or being burnt up, it does not mean the universe. It meant the Temple. That’s how it was shaken. It was burnt down in AD70.
7. The mountain that was thrown into the sea in Mount Sinai. However when Paul speaks about Mount Sinai, he was referring to Jerusalem. It is the mountain mentioned in Revelation 8. It was on fire for more than 3 months.
8. Hence when Jesus spoke about the lake of fire and of the worms that do not die and fires that do not cease, he was not referring to hell. He was referring to the destruction of Jerusalem.
9. Jesus said:
Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
This home or this “rooms” or this “mansion” is you and not some bungalow in the sky.
This was fulfilled when old Jerusalem was destroyed in AD70. That’s when God moved to the New Jerusalem.
And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God.
10. Hence Christianity is not about going to heaven. It’s about God building heaven into you. It’s about what you do NOW not what will happen in the future.
Start living NOW.