10 things the Holy Spirit will never tell you.
1. That the official bible is the KJV. That is total nonsense. In fact if you know your facts, you will realise that the KJV had been revised many times. So has the rest of the translations.
The closest “official Bible” we have is the Dead Sea scrolls. That’s like years before the KJV was complied.
2. That Jesus is coming to judge the world. He is not coming to judge the world. He has already judge the world in AD70. People don’t seem to realise that when Jesus said he was coming in the clouds, he was referring to the kind of coming mentioned in Psalm 18.
3. That there is something wrong with your fellow Christian. How is it that he chose not to remember your sins but your fellow Christian.
4. To marry someone, especially when that person is him or someone related to him. Truthfully, there has never ever been an incident that has happen in the Bible.
While Isaac and Rebecca is widely used as examples, it was the servant that found her not the Spirit.
The most divinely appointed marriage would have to be Joseph and Mary. I don’t see or hear the Spirit telling them to do it.
If you look at the Old Testament, you probably would name Abraham and Sarah as the perfect couple.
They were pagans before they got married. The only one whom probably would qualify is Hosea in which case I think here you might not want to listen to the Spirit! 🙂
5. To give money. Sincerely, I don’t believe this crap about how much the Spirit inspiring you to give to when certain preachers tell you to give.
Paul says God loves a cheerful giver. Give cheerfully. If it doesn’t make you cheerful when you give then don’t give. God doesn’t need your money. That preacher does.
6. To leave a particular church. He doesn’t tell you that. Let’s be honest. It’s probably you who wanted to leave.
What the Spirit does do is to test the message which is being preached day in and day out. If you disagree you may pray for the Spirit’s guidance.
If you find that you are uncomfortable, best have a discussion with your leaders. If you must leave on good terms.
7. That the Spirit of God told me to tell you. There are incidents such as this in scripture. Paul’s going to Jerusalem is one.
Except that there were a few people who came to him. So if you have one person telling you to do something and it doesn’t “gel with your spirit” don’t do it. Remember you have the Holy Spirit too.
8. God is punishing the nations. He isn’t. He has made peace with everyone on the cross.
For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
9. That if you don’t do your spiritual exercises the spirit with give way to the flesh. That’s nonsense.
The Spirit’s power is omnipotent. Your flesh has already been crucified. It’s dead. It has no power. Even if you feed it, it can’t eat. If you ever catch a corpse eating when you feed it, run. Your flesh is dead no matter how much you feed it.
Your Spirit gave life to a dead Christ. He is the source of your life whether you feed it or not.
If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.
10. Stop listening to people who tell you that the Spirit told me this and that. This advice did not come from the Spirit. It came from me.
Run from these people, they think they are the only people the Spirit speaks to. They assume you don’t have the Spirit.
Such people force their opinion on you by labelling their views with the Spirit’s endorsement.
Such people have no consideration for other people’s views and studies.
They will label whatsoever they don’t agree with “heresy” or “blasphemy” when they are the ones doing the very same thing they accuse you off.
For that stay away from these people. The Spirit did not tell you this. I did and I am speaking from experience.