TNCC a beacon of grace

TNCC is a community of grace believers and is a beacon of grace to many who seek refuge and help. It is located at Wisma TA, in Damansara Utama. It started out in November 1st 2009 with about 30 over people coming together saying that they should start something. Their service at Wisma Atria saw over 100 people coming together to worship and praise the Lord and since then it just kept growing by the grace of God. It then peaked to 300 worshippers , co-incidentally the owner of the shopping mall wanted the premise back . Having to leave is one thing but finding a new place is another . The Lord graciously open the way for the church to relocate to Wisma TA , somehow the building was recently owned by a church member who graciously consented to have its 1st floor let out . Call it divine timing .

Soon after in January 1st 2011, TNCC moved to Wisma TA. Their services are currently situated at the newly renovated third floor now which can sit about 800 people . Also there is a beautiful information counter for new comers who wish to know more about the church . For people who would like to drop by, they have services every Sunday from 10.15 am to 12.30 pm and also some light refreshments serve after the service  as well.  As one enters the Church , you will be greeted with smiling faces and greetings from the ushers as well.

The church is one of the very few in this country which doesn’t emphasize on tithes and offerings. In fact there is no offering bags being pass around in their service and I was told there is no full time paid staff either . However there is a box situated in the building if one wishes to tithe . Eugene Tan , one of the church member said , “ there is no pressure of any kind when it comes to giving because no offering bags are being pass ’’ .

In conjunction to its 3rd anniversary, we decided to compile some testimonies of the people who have received grace in time of trouble.

By His Stripes By Mr. Lai Sun Wah

“Two months ago, I was admitted to HUKM with high fever, stomach pain, jaundice, suspected gall bladder stone and liver blockage. I was put on drips, antibiotics, medication and even had a urinary catheter inserted. The pain was so terrible. The catheter was irritating, inconvenient and made it difficult to urinate — I complained to a senior doctor who removed it three days later.

For more than a week, my fever still remained high, with temperatures above 38-39 degrees. I had no appetite to eat. Every night I could not sleep. My stomach was not feeling well, my legs were swollen, my body was itchy, probably due to the medication.

I underwent so many medical tests — blood test, chest x-ray, scope, biopsy, urology ultrasound, CT scan etc. I was told my CT scan was not very clear, with the presence of enlarged lymph nodes, which could be cancerous. I was sad and disheartened.

Everyday, I had small groups of visitors, friends and relatives, brothers and sisters, pastors and deaconess from various churches (All Saints Church, Glad Tidings and tNCC) come to visit and to pray for my health and recovery. I would like to thank Pastor Peter Sze and family, my son-in-law Vincent, and members of tNCC, especially Simon Yap, who dropped by for two consecutive evenings to pray for my speedy recovery and showered me with words of encouragement.

With one more week to go for our annual Family Camp, I prayed to the Lord in the name of Jesus Christ not to leave me behind because I wanted to join my wife, my daughter, my son-in-law and my two beautiful grandchildren to Kampar. My prayer was answered by our loving and compassionate God. The next day, I was told by my senior doctor that I would be discharged in a day or two after completing my medication. After my discharge, I was told to come back one month later for my Hepaton and urology test reports.

At the Family Camp, I was physically exhausted. While others were worshipping or playing games, I sat down and rested. I had lost almost 8 kg during my hospital stay. I looked so thin and pale. All my trousers were not fitting, and I suffered from shortness of breath.

Last week, I went back to HUKM for my test reports. Both doctors declared everything was normal. I repeated another ultrasound this week. It showed better results and was much clearer than the previous one. No more gall bladder stone, no liver and kidney problems, no more enlargement of lymph nodes, except some minor prostate, which is common to most men my age.

Thank you Lord! Today I can talk so loud. I can eat so much. I can walk so fast. For it is written, by His stripes, I am healed! And the church says, Amen!”

Alive and Well

Posted on May 9, 2011 by  | Leave a comment | Edit

By Mei Yam


On Jan 13, 2011, my father was sent to Hospital Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM) after he collapsed at home. The doctors performed a series of tests on him, and after several hours, they finally determined that he had suffered an aneurysm, that is, a rupture in a blood vessel. In his case, it was in the aorta, the main artery that goes right down from the heart to the abdomen. Doctors’ prognosis was that my father was in critical condition and would probably not survive his illness.

My father is 84 years old, and other than an occasional bout of vertigo, he had always been fit and healthy. But that week, he came to within a hair’s breadth of death three times. It’s amazing that he is not only alive today, but he’s as healthy as he’s ever been. In his own words, it’s all because of Jesus.

Aneurysm can strike even the young. It is a silent killer that is often undetected until it is too late. In many cases, victims pass out and never regain consciousness. Miraculously, my father, at his advanced age, was able to wake up  and reach for his phone to call for help.

The vascular specialists at HUKM were amazed that he had not succumbed to instant death. Nevertheless, they were quite certain that it was not a case of if, but when, time would run out. He was given a 10% chance of survival if he went for surgery but he was unlikely to ever be able to enjoy the same quality of life he had before. Given my father’s age, the doctors advised us to provide him the best comfort care possible until certain death took over, probably, within days.

After hours of frantic discussion, my family decided to go for surgery which was his only real chance of survival. The operation successfully repaired the rupture just in the nick of time. An hour later, it would have been too late. So many things could have happened that might have delayed it. In fact, right up until an hour before the surgery, we contemplated transferring him to a private hospital that offered a safer surgical alternative. And while we struggled with the decision, the doctors gave up our allocated time slot. If someone else had actually been moved into the operating theatre (OT), my father would have to wait for the next available slot at least a couple of hours later. But God intervened. We stayed with HUKM and took the riskier but ultimately life-saving procedure, and the Lord made sure the OT remained available.

My father was by no means out of danger after the surgery. The risks of complications such as heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, infection, and paralysis are all not uncommon to vascular surgery patients. Three days after the operation, he suffered a shut down of his system, and doctors again warned us that it was likely to be the end of the road. But with God, it’s never the end of the road. Dad made a swift turnaround, and before the week was out, he moved out of the ICU.  Thereafter, he continued to have ups and downs and made a return to the ICU for another week, but he was well on the road to a full recovery.

Today, just 4 months after he collapsed, God has completely healed him. His kidney function, which was constantly questionable, is once again working on cue. He says even the cataract in his right eye cleared! His mind is as sharp as ever, he’s upbeat, his faith is strong, and he’s thanking Jesus everyday.

Uncle Yam came onstage to share his testimony at our Sunday Celebration on May 8, 2011.

May attends the New Covenant Church Kuala Lumpur:

Lost but Found

by The NEW COVENANT Church on Friday, July 16, 2010 at 8:25pm
By Jonathan Devan

I accepted Christ when I was 16. I was spiritually high then and was so devoted to spiritual living. I was very active in church and would get involved in whatever activities they had. I was so zealous for God’s word that after Church service, I’d meet up with friends for theological sharing or discussion over lunch with my church mates, who included Simon, Vincent and Wendy.After graduating from secondary school, I started work in a local bank in KL. I was also very active in sports and represented Malaysia in athletic events (400m). Gradually, though, I became inactive in church and wandered away from God.In 2000, I landed a job in a broadcasting firm. I was eventually heading the IT department, drawing a decent salary, surrounded by nice people in a great working environment. I began to live a flamboyant lifestyle. I started clubbing, frequenting techno disco, and trying out all kinds of designer drugs, such as ecstasy and marijuana.I then started on other dangerous addictive drugs and gradually became a hardcore methamphetamine user (otherwise known as “Ice”, “Ping” or “syabu”). My life was a huge mess. I eventually lost my job, my house, my car, my bike and even my vision in my right eye. I also became a bankrupt.

Without a job and a monthly drug expenditure of around RM4,000 to RM5,000, I started pushing drugs for living. At one time, I was helping my boss to break down 1kg of methamphetamine into smaller packages — if I had been caught then, I would have been sent to the gallows.

With no permanent place to stay, I sometimes spent the night on the streets and often went without meals. Deep down in me, I wanted OUT, but I just don’t know how. Many times I’d wonder, “How on earth could someone who used to be active in church, an ex-national athlete with a good career, have gotten into such a mess?”

I started praying for divine intervention. “Only God can help me if He still loves me and is willing, but that would take a miracle!” I thought to myself.

Divine Intervention
Then God worked.

On Feb 14, 2005, I got caught using a small amount of methamphetamine and was sent to the Cheras lockup and Sg Buloh prison for eight days. God allowed this to happen for a good reason.

Normally, when any of my junkie friends got caught, my drug boss will always bail them out, and I was close to my boss. But somehow, by God’s will, someone else notified my family first, and my siblings came to bail me out. If my boss had come instead, I would have gone back and continued on as a junkie. God sent my 2 sisters to help me go through my rehabilitation process.

Research and statistics show that most methamphetamine addicts will eventually go back to their old habits even after multiple rehabs, by which time, their body would have suffered massive damage, including brain damage. Somehow, God supernaturally kept me from going back. As of the year 2010, I have been completely clean from drugs for more than four years. Praise & glory to God!

After getting out of the drug dungeon, I slowly started going to church and met Vincent and Wendy again. I had nothing in my possession — no property, no money. I had to start all over from scratch. It was difficult adjusting back to a blue collar corporate working life. The market wasn’t so good, and my IT skills and knowledge were so outdated. I was jobless for two years!

In mid-2006, I finally got a job in IT support in a carpet factory, earning half of my last drawn salary. Later I found out that the IT guys before me didn’t last long there due to the hostile working environment. The moment I walked in, everyone came to me with their various PC problems:
My printer doesn’t print.
My taskbar got lost.
My email doesn’t work.
My Internet doesn’t work; I can’t browse.
My PC always hang.

Even when I was in the toilet, my supervisor would radio me on the walkie-talkie!

On my second day, I remember having a Maggi goring at the mamak stall with tears flowing down my cheeks. Eventually, the pressure was too great, and I left after only five days.

Super Abundant Blessings
A few months later, I finally found a job as a system engineer in an IT solution provider. Praise the Lord! My hardship in the carpet factory made me appreciate this job, though it was not as good as the one I had with the broadcasting firm two years ago. I worked for the company for nearly two years and caught up on all the skills that I missed out earlier.

I later found a contract job with a giant IT company, which was ranked the fourth best employer in Malaysia. I was immediately assigned to work for their biggest customer, an Oil and Gas company in Cyberjaya, which was ranked Malaysia’s top employer! I was performing a lead role in the technical project — it is not easy even for a “normal” person to get the kind of job I had.

My contract was renewable yearly. Even though I had questions about the long-term security of the job, I just relied on God and continued working. After two years, sometime in 2009, I was outsourced to another German giant IT company while still servicing the Oil and Gas company in Cyberjaya. I was offered a permanent position and further promoted as a Project Manager! This is God’s super abundant blessing!

Four years ago, when I was deeply into drugs, I couldn’t have imagined that I would ever be blessed with such a great job. Praise and glory to the Lord!

Last year, I followed my two big brothers, Simon and Vincent, to The New Covenant Church. I’ve realised that I am a recipient of God’s amazing grace, which I did not deserve but which He has freely given to me. Once I was a lost sheep; but He came looking for this lost sheep, despite how far I had wandered away and squandered my life! I am now a child of God, trusting in Christ’s finished work on the cross.

God loves all His children. He will never forsake us even when we have forsaken him. He will never turn his back on us! No matter how badly we have failed, we just need to trust and accept His amazing grace and wait in humble expectation. He will surely deliver and turn the bad situation to a blessing in due time.

“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.” Romans 8:28

Editor’s Note: As of  the time of the publication of this testimony;  Jonathan is now a project manager and discharged of  his bankruptcy.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s